Just a girl rambling around the globe and writing about it.

Musings from around the block and farther.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Aquarium in San Sebastian

One of the very best aquariums we've ever seen. There is a HUGE tank that surrounds you, so you can watch fish swim over, under and around you without ever getting wet. For me -- and you know how I feel about sharks -- the ability to see a shark swimming two inches from my face, knowing it couldn't see me or try to bite me, was exhilarating. I watched one breathe for several seconds, quiet, just hanging out above me. The kids loved it, but Raf and I were equally mesmerized. I had no idea that this place was here and am grateful that the weather was too cold for a beach day, otherwise we may have missed it!









No comments:

Post a Comment